3 Things to Declutter Now
And how an organised wardrobe can change your life
A cluttered wardrobe is no fun. Take it from me, I have been there and for some people, the thought of decluttering their wardrobe ignites all kinds of anxiety.
But I have figured out the easiest way to get started and I share with you the three things you can simply declutter from your wardrobe starting now.
“Maybe you have to let go of who you were, to become who you will be” Carrie Bradshaw
1. Items that don't fit
We keep them ‘just in case’. The truth is, we’re not going to wear them. So don’t keep items that don’t fit you. Let’s just put them aside for now. Unless of course, you love the item and can get it altered to fit.
The benefits of removing the items that don’t fit are:
- Body image positivity
- Removal of negative self-talk, ie: “if I could just lose that extra 3 kilos”, and;
- A clear mind and positive attitude when getting dressed.
2. Items you don't love
I used to love a sale. I’ve purchased many items over the years just because it was a bargain. But in reality, I wasn’t consciously shopping. The “bargain” item has now spent the best part of the year in the wardrobe, unworn and unloved. In a cost per wear situation, it doesn’t make sense.
By removing items you don’t love from your wardrobe, some amazing things will happen, such as:
- Wardrobe clarity and a sense of your unique personal style
- Removal of buyers remorse, ie: “why did I buy this? What a waste of my hard-earned money!”
- Positive feelings when getting dressed because you love the item, and it fits perfectly.
Items that don't align with your lifestyle
Your wardrobe tells a story about you and your experiences, identities, the jobs you have held and even past loves.
What is the chapter of your life right now and where do you see yourself in the future? If you are holding onto items from the past, you cannot propel into the person you are destined to be.
The advantages of removing items that do not align with your lifestyle are:
- Gaining a realistic insight of who you are right now
- Removal of old energies that could be holding you back from your true potential, and;
- Clarity and focus for the best new version of you!
I always say, “Your style, your story.” What story are you telling yourself and the world? The answer simply starts with your wardrobe. Seeing a transformation in confidence once a client discovers their unique style with what remains true to them is so pleasing.
If you would like a more detailed step by step guide for a beautifully curated wardrobe, my Tips to a Tidy Wardrobe blog is the perfect resource to get you started.
And hey, why not join the B-Stylish Club too, where we share some amazing styling tips and tricks. See you in there!
Personal Stylist Perth